Tokyo Tech Babysitting Support Service
This partially-financed babysitting service is offered to help build a better work-life balance. Available on-campus (at Tokyo Tech-designated locations or pre-arranged locations) as well as off-campus (at private residences), it is recommended for working parents to make their lives easier.
- Tokyo Tech employees (regular staff, fixed-term staff, permanent staff, and Part-time lecturer)
- Those with JSPS postdoctoral fellowship status including foreign researchers (PDs, SPDs, and RPDs)
- Tokyo Tech students enrolled in undergraduate or graduate (master’s, doctoral, and professional master’s) programs
- Visitors including part-time lecturers (except for those employed by Tokyo Tech), invited researchers, research students, etc.
ーー＞＞ For further details, click here (intranet).
2. Age of qualifying children
Children between 57 days old and sixth-grade elementary school age
3. Service fees
- Staff and JSPS-PDs: 1,200 yen per hour (excluding tax)
- Students: 800 yen per hour (excluding tax)
4. Service locations
Note that the service provider may not be able to dispatch a babysitter to certain locations.
- Tokyo Tech designated locations (Ookayama Campus and Suzukakedai Campus)
- On-campus locations arranged by users (e.g., meeting room near user’s laboratory)
5. What Tokyo Tech offers to support this program
- Covers corporate contract fees, registration and annual membership fees, and babysitter round-trip transportation costs, and is also responsible for paying a portion of the hourly service fees.
- Provides on-campus locations for the user’s convenience.
- This support service is provided when users are at work during as well as outside regular working hours (including when they are attending classes, conducting research, and presenting at academic conferences).
- Requests to accompany a child to a nursery or school are accepted if it is a part of the babysitting service. However, the support service does not cover sending a child to afterschool activities.
- Registrations are accepted year-round. (Please note that registration process takes about 2 weeks to complete.)
Further details (intranet)
|User Guide||Terms and conditions, fee schedule, frequently asked questions, procedures, and Babysitting Room locations|
|Forms and designated offices||Agreement, registration card, report, and a list of designated administration offices|
Application requirements, guides, forms can be viewed on “internal only” pages. To access “internal only” pages from off campus, go to Tokyo Tech Portal and get access to the Tokyo Institute of Technology network over an SSL-VPN. For further information, please click here .
Note: Please refresh your browser to ensure you get the latest information.